Tuesday, August 9, 2011

REVISED...Breaking up my 2 male dogs fighting?

I know now that I have to be more detailed to get the answers I'm looking for. I have 2 male dogs that have been fixed. One is a pit/lab 85lbs.and the other a shar-pei/jindo 60lbs. I have no problems whatsoever except for that split second that all of a sudden, the two dogs that get along are now in a fight. It happens when the pit gets very excited, he sort of goes into a zone, that's one I've noticed. There have also been times I've witnessed the shar-pei start as well. I have 4 rescues, all big dogs and life is so wonderful 99% of the time...the other 1% is me terrified there will be a fight or that I'm actually breaking one up. Because it happens so infrequently and they all play so well, I don't want to separate them. Last year it only happened once for instance. Right now I'm off of work and would like to figure this out and see if there's a solution; but foremost in the moment, I need to know how to break it up safely. I have stitches in my hand from last weeks brawl...I need it safe for me and the dogs. Again, the hose/air horn do not seem to work. Someone suggested the foam fire extinguisher and the cattle prod. Also, yes...I'm the alpha dog, so please don't suggest that I walk through the door first, feed them separately or avoid treats...again, this isn't the problem, my dogs know the pecking order without question. Please help.

No comments:

Post a Comment